Every Christmas it is a tradition in our house for my Mom to make peppermint bark. Sure this minty Chrsitmas treat is readily available in stores, but to me, nothing compares to the way my Mom makes it. It’s the easiest recipe but it is critical to use quality ingredients and melt the chocolate just right.
- 3/4 lb Merckins White Chocolate
- 1/4 lb Peppermint Candy
- 1/4 lb Merckins Dark Chocolate (optional)
1. Place white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Melt chocolate on half power for 1 minute. Take chocolate out and stir. Continue microwaving in 30 second intervals until fully melted.
2. Stir in peppermint candy and pour onto a large baking sheet. Swirl in dark chocolate if desired and let cool.
3. Go outside and drop the baking sheet on the ground until the bark breaks into pieces.