It’s cookie time!
Commissary cookies has been a family favorite cookie recipe for years. This recipe comes from The Frog Commissary Cookbook. Frog Commissary is a restaurant and catering service located in Philadelphia, PA.
This is my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe because the cookies turn out perfectly chewy yet crunchy at the same time. Give them a try, you won’t be dissapointed.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (Makes 4 dozen)
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until the mixture is light in color.
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the milk and the vanilla extract.
4. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Either by hand or with the mixer at low speed, gradually beat the flour in to the sugar mixture until just incorporated.
5. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips by hand.
6. Drop 1-inch balls of dough onto the cookie sheet, placing about 1 1/2 inches apart so they have room to spread.
7. Bake for 10-13 minutes, until golden brown at the edges and light golden at the center.
8. Let cool for 1-2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.