Last night my boyfriend, Jonny came over. We enjoy making dinner together. I was really craving Red Bowl stir-fy. Red Bowl is an Asian restaurant in Burlington, NC and I believe they have several locations. They have delicious fresh Asian cuisine. I am unfortunately sensitive to Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) so it’s really hard for me to find a Chinese restaurant that does not use it.
We decided to make Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli with brown rice. It was insanely good, and super easy. I made the rice earlier in the day so we did not have to wait for it to cook. The Chicken took less than 20 minutes to make. The best part is that it tasted just as good as Red Bowl. And cost a LOT less money – about $3 for the meal in total ($1.50 each).
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts
- 1.5 Cups Frozen Broccoli
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 1/4 Cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Brown Rice
- Cook Brown Rice according to package directions.
- Trim chicken of fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Take a skillet and spray with cooking spray. Add the chicken and cook until browned (about 5 minutes).
- Add thawed broccoli and cook until tender (about 6 minutes).
- Mix broth and flour in a small bowl and add teriyaki sauce.
- Add teriyaki mixture once broccoli and chicken are fully cooked. Bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 more minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Serve over brown rice and enjoy.