This is a meal that I have been making since High School. It is probably one of the first meals I learned how to cook by myself. It is delicious, healthy, and quick! It is my go to when I do not have a lot of ingredients around. I always ALWAYS mix a green vegetable in with my pasta. Whether it’s asparagus, broccoli, spinach, or green beans, it is a great way to add veggies and decrease the amount of pasta you are consuming. My favorite part of this dish is the egg. When the yolk breaks it creates a carbonara-like sauce for the dish.
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pasta of choice
- 1/4 cup garbanzo beans or white beans
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- spices of choice (garlic powder, red pepper, parsley, oregano, etc.)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and season with salt.
- Add in pasta and frozen spinach and cook according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, cook an egg over easy in a frying pan until done to your liking.
- 1 minute before pasta is done, add in beans.
- Drain pasta, spinach, and beans and place on plate. Drizzle with olive oil and add spices.
- Place egg on top of pasta and enjoy.