Dinner tonight was easy, tasty, and simple. I had frozen split chicken breasts in the freezer and decided to overcome my fear of cooking bone-in chicken. The chicken was tasty and tender and super simple. The mac n’ cheese or should I say rotelli and cheese is made with whole wheat pasta, peas, skim milk, and reduced fat cheese. Served with a side of green beans this was a healthy and delicious meal.
Rotisserie Style Chicken Breast (serves 2)
- 2 frozen split chicken breasts
- favorite spices
- Place chicken in crockpot and cover with spices. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8.
Healthy No-Bake Mac n’ Cheese
- 1 cup whole wheat noodles
- 1/2 cup frozen peas or frozen broccoli
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1.5 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3/8 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add pasta. Cook for 4 minutes and add frozen veggies.
- While pasta is cooking, Bring 3/4 cup milk to boil. In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, garlic powder, flour, and remaining 1/4 cup milk.
- Bring milk and flour mixture to boil and whisk until well thickened (2-3 minutes).
- Take off heat and mix in cheeses and Dijon mustard.
- Drain pasta well and mix in cheese sauce.