I just whipped up a batch of these PB Chocolate Protein Bars in about 20 minutes. They are full of protein and taste similar to a brownie! I found this recipe on fitoverfat.com. If you have all of these ingredients on hand it is definitely cheaper to make these bars instead of purchasing some from the grocery store.
- Cooking oil spray
- ½ cup plain oatmeal
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup egg whites (2 whites)
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder (1/3 cup)
- ½ cup Stevia granulated or sugar (or 12 packets Truvia)
- ¼ cup milled flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons natural peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8×8″ pan with cooking oil spray.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, combine oats and milk; cook for 60 seconds. Stir and allow to cool; mix in egg whites and vanilla.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the whey protein, Splenda, flaxseed, flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
4. Add oatmeal mixture to dry ingredients; mix just until everything is moist. Spread batter in pan.
4. Place peanut butter in microwave safe bowl and heat for 45 seconds or until melted. Spoon peanut butter over batter in pan and swirl with knife tip.
6. Bake for 10 minutes; allow to cool completely before cutting into 12 bars. Wrap each individually in plastic wrap and store in the freezer or refrigerator. Unwrap and microwave 30 seconds to warm.