Who does not love french fries? They may be on my top ten list of favorite sides and I am so lucky to have discovered several replacements for them. Sweet potato, butternut squash, and carrots are some of my favorite veggies to turn into fries. Today I tried a new one, zucchini fries. They are crunchy and delicious with ketchup.
- 1 zucchini squash
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- dash of salt and pepper
- dash of garlic salt
- Slice zucchini into strips.
- In one bowl, crack an egg and beat together. In another bowl add panko, cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic salt and mix together.
- Dunk the zucchini into the egg and then into the bread crumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.