I wish so badly that I could have captured a better picture of this Frittata because it was amazing. Made with half eggs and half egg whites and filled with nutritious arugula and spinach this frittata is hard to beat.
- 4 eggs
- 5 egg whites
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- Wilt spinach and arugula in 1 Tbsp water. Drain greens well and chop finely.
- Chop onion and place in oven proof skillet with 2 tsp. oil. Cook until translucent.
- Add greens back to skillet and add another 2 tsp. oil.
- Mix eggs and egg whites and add them to the skillet. Place ricotta in spoonfuls into the egg mixture. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to 350 degree oven and cook for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are cooked thoroughly.