I am so excited about this meal for the following reasons:
- The only ingredient I had to buy was spaghetti squash.
- I made up the recipe entirely on my own!
- It is colorful and made with fresh, healthy ingredients.
- It was so yummy, I want another plate right now…
This meal is super yummy and super easy. Spaghetti squash seasoned with salt and pepper and mixed with melted brie sits on top of a bed of balsamic arugula and is topped with delicious poached eggs. It only takes about 5 minutes active time and 20 minutes total.
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 spaghetti squash
- 1 1 inch square of brie, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Rinse outside of spaghetti squash and poke holes all over the squash. Place on microwave safe plate and microwave for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- While squash is cooking, bring a sauce pan of water to a boil and poach eggs,
- Once squash is done cooking and is cool to touch, cut squash in half and scrape spaghetti strands out with a fork.
- While squash is still hot, add brie pieces and allow to melt. Once melted, mix the cheese throughout the squash and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss arugula with balsamic vinegar and place on plate. Add squash and then eggs. Season again with salt and pepper and top with Parmesan cheese.