I really wish that this pasta photographed as well as it tastes. I have been using goat cheese as sauce for a while now, it is so simple yet so delicious.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 3/4 cup fusilli (or pasta of your choice)
- 1/2 5oz. (2.5 oz) block of goat cheese
- 2/3 bunch of asparagus, cut into 1.5″ pieces
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- Bring salted pot of water to boil, add pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, rinse and cut asparagus into 1.5″ pieces.
- Add asparagus to cooking pasta 3 minutes before pasta has completed cooking (refer to package for time).
- Add goat cheese, cut into pieces into a bowl. Mix with rosemary and lemon juice.
- Reserve some pasta water and drain pasta and asparagus once done.
- Add warm pasta and asparagus to goat cheese mixture and toss until well coated.
- If goat cheese sauce is too thick, add pasta water little by little until desired consistency is reached.
- Finish with salt and pepper and top with Parmesan cheese.