I had friends over for dinner last week and made this meal. I really like this new creative streak I am having with recipes. It is so much fun to create your own dish and have it be delicious!
This meal consists of pillowy whole wheat gnocchi in a fresh and flavorful artichoke pesto. Spicy Italian chicken sausage from Trader Joe’s and roasted Brussels sprouts complete this unique pasta dish.
I found the artichoke pesto recipe at Everyday Health.
- 28 ounce(s) artichoke hearts, 2 (14-ounce) cans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup(s) cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- 1/4 cup(s) parsley, fresh, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil, olive
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Place artichokes in a food processor; pulse 5 times or until finely chopped. Add cheese and remaining ingredients; pulse to combine.
I cooked the gnocchi according to package directions and pan fried the chicken sausage. The Brussels sprouts were cooked at 425 degrees for 25 minutes. Once all the ingredients were finished, they were added together and topped with fresh parsley.