I LOVE pizza, especially barbeque chicken pizza. It is sweet, tangy, meaty, and cheesy all in one bite! I just got back from Spring Break in Florida and wanted to make something healthy and delicious.
The whole wheat pizza dough was purchased at Trader Joe’s a couple of weeks ago. I split the dough into two smaller doughs and placed them in the freezer. This is perfect for people like me who do not cook for many mouths. Jonny and I split this pizza with a side salad and it was the perfect amount! This recipe is so simple and in my opinion, tastes just like California Pizza Kitchen! The great part about making your own pizza is that you can control the ingredients, making it healthier (or not!). I used part skim mozzarella, chicken tenderloins, and Sticky Finger’s Sweet Carolina BBQ sauce.
- 1/2 Portion of Trader Joe’s Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1/2 Cup Favorite BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- Dried Parsley
- Leftover cooked chicken breast
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Shape pizza dough to desired shape and place on cookie sheet or pizza sheet.
- Caramelize the red onion in a little olive oil until browned.
- Par-bake pizza dough for just 5 minutes (to ensure a crispy crust).
- Brush BBQ sauce over the par-baked pizza dough and top with cheese.
- Add cooked chicken and red onions and cook for 5 more minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with parsley and dig in!